written by Raulla S. Mitchell
As you know, when seasons change, it’s the perfect time for a gentle detox. Dandelion detox (internal cleanse), sugar exfoliation detox (externally removing old dead skin cells for softer smoother skin), and now 3 more detox tips to cleanse mind, body and spirit and maintain a healthier you:
While you are engaging in your seasonal detox, sipping dandelion tea and exfoliating dry surface skin cells (with your favorite Gentle Exfoliating Sugar Scrub) to welcome new radiant youthful cells, why not engage in a bit of uber pampering and fab for you hydrotherapy:
- steams and saunas
- cool showers
- warm baths
Relax your nervous system, cleanse your skin (the largest organ of your body), and rejuvenate your spirit.
My daily morning routine (schedule permitting) includes
- one hour exercise: Yoga, NIA, Zumba, or dance cardio followed by a warm shower
- 15 min steam
- 15 min sauna
- cold shower
If you have 1h 45 min, you can take for you, do it! Make the time. I’ve found it takes more time to be sick.
My evening routine includes:
- warm bath filled with my favorite fragrant oils, sugar scrub, bombes, bath melts, etc., a cup of hot tea with cream, a fragrant bath side candle.
Detach. Breathe. Recharge. While my skin is still damp, I apply an all-over moisturizing lotion, and add body butter to dryer parts like neck, decollete, elbows, hands and feet.
As winter approaches, I might replace my lotion with a more emollient creme or body butter. Your skin will tell you exactly what it needs as the weather changes.
Yoga is amazing. I began practicing to gain greater physical flexibility and balance. I discovered
- greater physical and spiritual strength
- better deep breathing and all the cleansing effects of optimal breathing
- improved circulation
- enhanced empowerment
- balanced and calm states of mind and perceptions of all situations
- stress reduction and management
- overall happiness within myself extending outward in my relations with others
Isn’t it wonderful when you get so much more than you ever expected? The longer you practice, the more yoga will surprise you!
Yoga can be practiced indoors or outdoors with only a carry-it-anywhere mat for your prop. If you’re on the grass or sand beach, you may not need a mat, up to you!
Let us know YOUR YOGA STORY! How has yoga changed your life?
Everyone is different, but this is the deal about sleep
- Most of us need 8-10 hours of restful sleep every night.
- We cannot catch up on our sleep over the weekends.
- Sleep is something we need regularly.
- Cat naps may be helpful, but they do not replace a good night’s sleep.
- Sleep should ideally be restful throughout the evening. Insomnia may be difficulty falling asleep or challenges to staying asleep throughout the night.
We’ll have sleep tips for you in another blog, but for now, very simply, start to wind down with your favorite evening routine, BEFORE you hit the bed.
- Read a pleasant book or magazine
- Take a warm bath
- Sip herbal tea, nothing with caffeine or sugar
- Watch a favorite show (no news about war, crimes, political debates that are associated with anxiety and elevating blood pressure)
- Listen to calming music
- Enjoy a lovely conversation with a friend
It’s best not to engage in any of the following directly before going to bed:
- heavy aerobic exercise
- strenuous mental or physical work
- consumption of caffeinated beverages or heavy meals
- stressful activities such as arguments, debates, work or family issues that may be upsetting or anxiety producing
Hydrotherapy, yoga, and sleep. These gentle tips to detox will pamper and improve overall health, beauty and radiance as you transition through the summer to fall. Sweet dreams, cherie.
Share your detox lifestyle tips with us! Anything that you absolutely love to do, especially as the seasons change, to get you feeling healthy and happy moving forward?