Transitions are a natural part of life. Acknowledge and embrace transitions and the changes they bring as part of the mystery of life that offer you an opportunity to expand your horizons, try new things, learn and grow. Remember last week’s blog post about jumping into new experiences and changes without fear? Mother Nature herself is changing it up and setting the example for us to follow!
After the new year excitement dissipates and several months of winter have passed, here in Minnesota, and maybe where you are too, we’re counting down the days to spring when Mother Earth will bring green grass and flowers once again. So far, we have grass, but it’s not quite what anyone would call green, by any stretch of the imagination. It’s a mix of beige grass and mud, at least that describes my wooded yard. Still, I know from experience, that it will eventually turn green and lush again.
I remind myself to be grateful for small mercies like that fact that March is coming in like a lamb. My 14-year old daughter dashed out the door to the school bus this morning, and said “Mom we have to change over my closet, kids at school are wearing shorts.” Shorts and flip-flops fly out of the closet on the first above 50 degree days!
- While winter is an invitation to warm baths and rich emollient all-over body butters with natural shea, illipe, mango and cocoa butters, as warmer temps approach, keep your favorite body butters near for the driest part of your body (neck, decollete, hands, feet, elbows and knees), or for an all-over treat on a cold, windy rainy day when winter threatens to return, like if March decides to go out like a lion, even for just a day. “March Madness” means anything can happen, probably will, and you’ll be ready to roll with it.
- Make sure to take our perfectly sized travel mini body butters with you on a spring break getaway to a warm weather climate where the sun may dry your skin. In addition to our 8 oz and 4 oz body butters, we have 1 oz and .5 oz minis which are perfect to pop in your purse or travel bag. They’ll meet the airline restrictions for cosmetic items under 3 oz, and they’re just the right amount to use up while away from home.
- As your skin transitions to milder spring temps and greater moisture is in the air, begin to experiment with lighter all-over whipped cremes or lotions in your favorite fragrances.
- The most important step in your seasonal transition skincare routine. Get rid of the old to make room for the new! You’ll be shedding winter coats, jackets, scarves and gloves (and if you’re a born and bred Minnesotan or spartan, you’ll be reaching for your shorts and flip flops) to show more skin to the world. Slough off old dead surface skin cells to make way for younger more supple skin cells, as Mother Earth sloughs off winter snow and ice to make room for green grass and flowers.
- The sugar in our scrubs offers the gentlest form of non-chemical exfoliation, and the luxurious natural oil (sunflower, apricot and grape seed) and butter (shea, illipe and cocoa) base will penetrate on contact and lock in precious moisture after your bath or shower.
- Soak in the tub, or leave your sugar scrub mixture on your skin for a few min in the shower to allow the vitamin and nutrient rich oils and butters to nourish, heal and rejuvenate your skin with beautiful smoothness and radiance. Sugar scrubs will rinse clearly from your skin when you’re ready.
- Massage your favorite GENTLE EXFOLIATING SUGAR SCRUB twice weekly to uncover your smoothest skin (just in time for spring) before applying your lotion, creme or body butter. You may be tempted to indulge in “too much of a good thing” but we think balance and moderation, in all things, is essential, and that includes exfoliation. Fabulous for your skin when done gently and twice weekly. More than that, or daily may be too much for your skin.
- Always best to listen to your skin. It will tell you exactly what it loves. And, of course, if you love your skin, it will love you back. That’s what we all want, right?
Regular gentle exfoliation massage will (Exfoliation 101):
- slough off old dead surface skin cell build up which may result in dry rough skin with uneven texture and pigment (sound familiar this winter?)
- rev up circulation and cellular regeneration for a younger appearance
- improve skin’s healthy radiance and elasticity
- optimize your moisturizer’s effectiveness because you’re not applying a vitamin and nutrient-rich moisturizer on top of old skin cell build up that will eventually slough off and is in less than prime condition to allow nutrients to penetrate your skin where they repair and rejuvenate
- increase the intensity and longevity of your fragrance when applied to fresh new skin
Where to start? How about with your hands and feet? Those sandals on the top shelf are begging to come down!
Now, when you remove those winter socks, and are your feet screaming “pedicure STAT”? Easy fix, after a little at home exfoliation, especially if the first thing that comes to mind when the socks come off is: OMG, could I have… rhino DNA? Wonder no longer cheries, it happens to the best of us, just grab your fave Gentle Exfoliating Sugar Scrub and “rhino feet” b-gone! H-E-L-L-O gorgeous happy feet in just a few min!
Doesn’t it always feel fabulous to get rid of the old and welcome in the new? Great for mind, body and spirit!
- Why not try a sugar scrub or body butter in a new refreshing floral-citrus fragrance to welcome spring. Always keep your forever favorites year-round, and have fun exploring new and different ones each season – they may become your new favorites!
- Take time to care for yourself and rejoice in moments spent with those you love. With daily care , listening to your skin’s needs, continuing twice weekly exfoliations followed by moisturizing treatments, your skin is sure to glow from head to toe with radiant beauty, and your spirit will dance with free-spirited ease into spring.
- Se sentir bien dans la peau. Feel great in your skin.
And when you feel absolutely fab in your skin, anything is possible.
STAY TUNED for NEW SPRING FRAGRANCES in an upcoming blog.
About Red Note Botanica
RED NOTE BOTANICA formulates fresh natural skincare for the bath. Luxury soaps, sugar scrubs, lotions, cremes, body butters, and perfume cubes are made with only the highest quality ingredients to make lusciously fragranced skincare that is always seriously safe, effective and eco-friendly.