Super easy to make Neroli Geranium Toner. Essential oils of neroli (citrus) and geranium (floral) bring you dreams of spring and summer whatever the season! Refreshes and keeps your skin moist and hydrated like the beautiful floral essences from which it’s made! After you cleanse your face, spritz 10 times over forehead, cheeks, nose and chin. Watch your skin glow and look completely refreshed and youthful. Apply moisturizer to still damp skin to lock in water and your skin’s natural moisture.
- 8 oz distilled water
- 100% pure essential oil of neroli (orange blossom)
- 100% pure essential oil of geranium
- dark glass bottle with spritzer
- Place 6-8 drops e.o. of neroli and 5-7 drops e.o. of geranium into an 8 oz bottle of distilled water.
- Shake each time prior to use.
- Store in a dark, dry, cool place, away from direct heat and sunlight. Your bathroom cabinet or bedroom armoire are perfect spots. You always want to keep essential oils and fragrance oils away from exposure to direct heat, sunlight, damp or wet areas.
- A dark glass bottle is preferable to preserve essential oils, although a clear or transparent glass or high quality PET plastic bottle may also be used.
How to Use:
- After cleansing your face and/or removing make-up, gently pat dry.
- Close eyes, and spritz several times (we like to say 10 spritzes) about 6″ from your face.
- Let nearly dry, and apply your facial moisturizer while skin is still moist. This will optimally hydrate and lock in natural moisture.
About essential oils of neroli and geranium:
Neroli and geranium are mild and soothing to all skin types. They are traditionally regarded as helpful to keep dry or mature skin looking supple and youthful.
Neroli is naturally exfoliating, rich in vitamin C which supports collagen, aids in the regeneration of new skin cells, and softens and tones the skin.
Geranium is refreshing and excellent at balancing skin that tends to be either oily or dry due to adrenal hormonal fluctuations.
The aromatic combination of earthy-floral geranium and citrus-flora neroli is beautifully feminine and a delight for the senses as well as for the skin.
*If you like, you may substitute lavender for neroli oil and rose, ylang-ylang or jasmine essential oil for geranium. Lavender and neroli essential oils are very mild and have excellent cleansing properties for oily-normal skin; while rose, ylang-ylang, jasmine, and geranium are amazing for dry, sensitive, and mature skin. Explore, play, see what your skin loves, and find the essential oils that you love most for their aromatic and therapeutic properties. Frankincense is also excellent for the skin, especially its reparative properties, although personally, I don’t care for the fragrance as much as the others.
We think you can’t beat our Neroli-Geranium balanced toner, but it’s always fun to experiment with a paintbox of essential oils to see what works best for YOUR skin!
One more thing: As your skin ages and through the different seasons, you’ll find that different essential oils work their magic more than others.
So, the best advice I might pass on is to LISTEN TO YOUR SKIN. It’ll will tell you exactly what it needs through time and the seasons!
Let’s give Mimi the last word from us on this fab DIY toner
I use this toner every evening after cleansing my skin, and immediately after I spritz, my skin seems to “plump up”, and the spritzer droplets are like morning dew on a flower soaking it all in. My skin feels incredibly more moist and smooth when I apply my rich night cream after several spritzers of this toner, than if I’d applied the cream without spritzing. I love it! – Mimi
We’d love to hear from you in the comment area below! Do you like this recipe? Have tried other DIY toner recipes or have a recipe to share! If you have an awesome DIY toner, send it to us, we’ll try it out, and share it on Pinterest.
About Red Note Botanica
RED NOTE BOTANICA formulates fresh natural skincare for the bath. Luxury soaps, sugar scrubs, lotions, cremes, body butters, and perfume cubes are made with only the highest quality ingredients to make lusciously fragranced skincare that is always seriously safe, effective and eco-friendly.